News & Publications
PA Sales and Use Tax Audit Support Case Study
Allyn offers tailored audit management services that address all elements of the audit from start to finish. We leverage our team’s multi-state tax experience, expertise, and best practices to regularly achieve savings in excess of six figures.
Allyn provided sales and use tax audit support for a heavy equipment manufacturer under audit in the state of Pennsylvania. The project focused on the taxability review of invoices and fixed assets totaling over $41 MM, in addition to manufacturing exemption claims.
- Two audit periods
- Review of expense and fixed asset invoices for taxability and provide detailed manufacturing use where applicable
- Utility study review for electricity cost
- Review prior sales tax returns and associated data for the audit period overpayments or underpayments during
- Maintain consistent communication between the client and the auditor
- Review auditor selected invoices for the initial audit period to determine taxability based on use for expenses and fixed assets
- Demonstrate consistent patterns for reoccurring vendors
- Provide data for the manufacturing exemption as related to electricity usage
- Review all sales tax returns and associated data
- Save the client time by communicating directly with the auditor on the client’s behalf to resolve issues and reduce miscommunications
About Allyn International
Allyn International is dedicated to providing high quality, customer centric services and solutions for the global marketplace. Allyn's core products include transportation management, logistics sourcing, freight forwarding, supply chain consulting, tax management and global trade compliance. Allyn clients range from small local businesses to Fortune 500 firms. Allyn conducts business in more than 20 languages and has extensive experience in both developed and emerging markets. Highly trained experts are positioned throughout North and South America, Europe and Asia. Allyn’s regional headquarters are strategically located in Fort Myers, Florida, U.S.A., Shanghai, P.R. China, Prague, Czech Republic, and Dubai, U.A.E. For more information, visit www.allynintl.com.